Countdown to Eternity!

Monday, May 4, 2009

It's Raining, It's Pouring, Amber's so busy she can't be snoring!

Saturday I woke up to the sound of the rain. I love that sound. It's so soothing. One of the most peaceful situations for me is to wake up at the cabin to the sound of the rain. And then for the rain to just continue for the rest of the morning. I love it! I'm getting so anxious to get to the cabin. It probably won't happen until after the wedding, but not much can happen until after then since we are so busy. On Saturday, one of my neighbors threw a wedding shower for me. I arrived barely on time, trying not to get soaked in the down-pour of rain. No one was there yet. I think they were trying to wait out the storm. It was fun to be there with my neighbors. Everyone was so kind and excited. It was nice because I wasn't the only center of attention. I liked it that way. Kyle came for the end, and he laughed at some of the comments from the ladies. "He really does have beautiful red hair!" :)
After the shower, we went to lunch. It was nice to just be with him. I love being able to spend time with Kyle. He makes me so happy. It's so fun to make plans and arrange things for our marriage. After lunch, we went and dropped the gifts off at the apartment. As we were getting ready to leave, his mom called and said that they were in the driveway and wanted to come in to see the apartment. I guess they were in the area anyway, so Tarolyn was going to show Jim where we were going to live. We showed them around, then we all left. When we got off the freeway, Kyle noticed his parents were behind us. haha. They figured as long as they were on the east side, they would go try to find the reception spot so they won't get lost the day of the wedding. We lead them to the spot, then we had to show his dad where I live as well.
When we got back to the house, I had to but on my hair styling skills (which are very minimal) and help Angel get ready for the Prom. While I was doing that, Kyle went over to the pavillion with my parents for a minute to check on some things. Then when they got back, he played some N64. He was excited about that. Lol.


Both Angel and Crystal got to go the the Prom on Saturday. They looked so beautiful. The nice thing about having the three sisters all the same age and size was that we didn't have to buy any new dresses this year, but they both still looked amazing! No hand-me-downs, more so hand-me-arounds. They both had a lot of fun!



After the twins left, my parents, Holly, Kyle and I all went out to Su Casa for dinner. I was still full from lunch so I didn't eat much. We figured out some specific time frames for wedding day plans. It is so crazy that it is getting so close! I'm so excited for it to be here. Is June 5 tomorrow? :)
Below is a not as good in real life picture of the amazing rainbow we saw while driving to dinner. The rainbow was a full arch and so vibrant. There was also a little bit of a double rainbow in some spots. I love the beauty of nature. God is so good to allow us these little treasure to add so much joy to our lives. :)








1 comment:

Kennedy Christi Hawkins said...

Awww.. your sister look beyond beautiful!! They are lucky to have you as a big sister.
I can not believe how fast the big day is coming. I'm so excited to have you officially in the family. Lol.. because we already consider you family!! :)
Love ya

Biography.com Born on This Day