Countdown to Eternity!

Monday, April 27, 2009

As April Closes

(Bowling after spending all day assembling our announcements. Thanks for all the help from Kelli, Todd, Sammy, Andrea, Mom and Dad!)

Can I just say how incredibly excited that I am right now? There are only 38 days left until the wedding! We are down the the thirties! It seems like we have already been engaged for eternity. :) Ok, maybe not that long, but it has seemed like forever, and even though we're down to so few days, it still feels like forever to go.



The next batch of wedding showers is coming up. My ward is giving me a shower this coming Saturday. The lady who asked if she could give it is one of the most amazing people that I know. I grew up being good friends with two of her children, and she was also my YW president when I was in Laurels. I think it is so sweet that she is so excited to do this for me. Her daughter just returned from her mission in Brazil. It is so fun to see her again. She left for her mission while I was still on mine, so it's been three years since we've seen eachother. She was an amazing missionary, and you can tell that she is happy to be home, but wishes she were still out there. When she spoke in church after she got home, it made me so homesick for my mission. I am so glad that the Lord blessed me with the chance to serve a mission. I see so many ways that it prepared me to be married. I can't wait until Kyle and I are older and we can go on a Senior Couple mission. I already made him promise he would take me. :) Anyways, the shower... I'm excitd to get to celebrate with the amazing women of my ward. This ward has been mine for over ten years, and I will always claim it. But it will be strange not to have it as my homebase anymore. I am who I am because of the love and example of so many of the wonderful people of the Granite 12 ward.



The next shower will be next weekend, given by my Maid of Honor, best friend and cousin, Arti. It is going to be super fun. The invitations are so cool. I am so excited that she is so excited because that makes it that much more fun.



I am hoping that the 38 days pass fairly quickly. There are still wedding plans that need to happen, but mostly we're done with that. Kyle and I finally got everything coordinated for the cake this weekend. It's going to be cool. :) But this month at work I have a lot of stuff to do, which will keep me busy like crazy there. Then, at home, I have my wedding errands to run, my birthday to look forward to and plenty of other stuff to keep me busy.



Other good news... Kyle gets to transfer to the day shift! Yay! He doesn't start until after the honeymoon, but we are very excited. We joke that not only will we have to adjust to getting married, we will have to adjust to seeing eachother in the day every day. :) I'm excited. I would have been bored having to be at home by myself. I love Kyle so much! Can I just say that? Because I do. I'm so excited to get to marry him. So excited!



Well, I've gone long enough, I'll let you go now. :)

4 comments:

Liese said...

yay! im so excited for you. looks like you're gonna be busy haha. your wedding is just around the corner! hooray for you!

Kennedy Christi Hawkins said...

Wow.. the time is going by so fast!! We are very excited for you guys!!
love ya

Summer Navarrete said...

38 days! is mom hyperventilating because I am. I know that this is a good thing because the Lord has already blessed your efforts to get married over and over again. Have a fun remainder of 38 days left. (I guess now 37) I might be up for your birthday and if I am we will have to have a crazy last birthday single party and go to chucky cheese or something.
Jorryn says: swimming pool x e. I want Amber to go to the temple again and get married. That's what I said.
Evelynn says: gooo!

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for your shower in a week or so. I'm so excited to go shopping for your gift. You should be so excited about it!! Well i hope all is well

Biography.com Born on This Day