Countdown to Eternity!

Monday, March 23, 2009

More and More Real



Yesterday, my family had the chance to be in the Draper Temple for the 9:00 dedication session. We had to be to a church to load on a bus at 7:00 in the morning, which meant we had to leave the house around 6:30. It was an early morning. My wonderful Father made sure that we had a ticket for Kyle. It has been so neat to be a part of this new temple being established as we also prepare to be married there. At the temple, we sat in the chapel. We had to wait about two hours for the meeting to start. They were displaying pictures from the temple with music from the Tabernacle Choir in the background. It was so soothing that it lulled more than half the room to sleep. Then, just before the meeting was supposed to start, we found out that President Monson would be walking through the chapel. The workers had chosen a few children to have stand by the door as he walked through. There was a little boy from our ward that got to be in the group. We all stood and President Monson, President Eyring and Elder Ballard came through with their wives. President Monson stopped to shake the children's hands. He commented on one of the little boys' tie, "Those are the colors on the Swedish flag." Then he said, "Are you Swedish?!" It was so sweet. It was a special experience that I will always remember to see the Prophet in person. The dedication was a wonderful experience, and I'm so grateful that I had the experience to be there. The Draper Temple is truly the House of the Lord. I am excited to get to go and be a part of it all.



That having been said, the fact that I am getting married is becoming more real now. With all the excitement of the temple, it still seemed so distant and almost dreamlike since the temple wasn't open yet. But now it is a dedicated House of the Lord. The beautiful marriage ordinance can really be performed there now. We are really going to get married there. Weird! :) I am so excited. Time is going by so quickly, mostly. It still seems like forever. But that is one of the milestones on the way. Our first shower is coming up on April 5 with his family. Then our family's is April 11. Those dates were so far off before... now they are only a few weeks away. Crazy! I'm getting married! Insane! I'm so excited though! Hooray! I'm in love!
Here is a picture of us in front of the Draper Temple after we went to the open house.

1 comment:

Becky said...

What a neat experience! I am so happy that you will soon be married in the temple.

Biography.com Born on This Day