I have decided that I must finally blog about "the new guy" because this is the only way some of you are finally going to hear about it. Too many missed calls... :)
So, like I said before, my friend has decided that she is my matchmaker. About a month ago, she set me up with her boyfriend's best friend. It was fun, but there was in no way a connection. The next week, she set me up with her brother's best friend. That one turned out differently. My shyness was set aside, due to the hair disaster (refer to "chinese lady" post for more on that one,) I was not able to be shy, reserved or nervous, I was too upset about my hair. We had a lot of fun. We went to dinner, then bowling, then to my friend's house to play games and watch a movie. Kyle, the date, was really easy to talk to and our personalities just matched really well.
After the first date, he asked my friend for my number, and I was happy about that. He called me that Monday to ask me out again. He asked for the coming weekend, but I was going to be up at the cabin for conference weekend. Without skipping a beat, he asked me for the next weekend. I happily said yes. Our schedules clash so badly during the week. I work M-F 8a.m. to 4p.m. and he works M-F 3p.m. to 11p.m. So in order to get to know one another all we really had was text messaging. This is not my ideal form of communication. I have a far too sarcastic personality, so one can become offended easily by what I say if they do not hear my tone of voice. Miraculously, though, this has not scared him away.
One day, we were sick of only being able to talk through texting, so I actually took my lunch break (a rare thing) and he brought me lunch. I laugh with my sisters that he brought me Arby's, so he is my perfect man! I was concerned that a lot of what I thought I knew about him was imagined because I only really talked to him throught texts. I was excited to know that this was not true. Again, it was so easy for us to just talk and be able to get along. He has brought me lunch one other time since then.
One day, we were sick of only being able to talk through texting, so I actually took my lunch break (a rare thing) and he brought me lunch. I laugh with my sisters that he brought me Arby's, so he is my perfect man! I was concerned that a lot of what I thought I knew about him was imagined because I only really talked to him throught texts. I was excited to know that this was not true. Again, it was so easy for us to just talk and be able to get along. He has brought me lunch one other time since then.
This last weekend we finally had our second date. It was all pretty funny. We were going to double with our friend again and go to the Haunted Forest. Then we found out that it was supposed to snow, so we decided to save that for another time. I had been telling a friend about him, so she wanted to meet him to approve. So, I called on one of my lifelong friends and asked him if he would like to take her on the date so they could both meet Kyle. Then, we included one of my friend's old mission companions and another one of my friends, just to make it that much more fun. So, instead of two couples going to the Haunted Forest, we had four couples going to dinner and a movie. I think having the extra people there made it that much more fun! After the movie, we went over to one of the girls' house and played scum. When we came out from there, the snow had fallen. I was grateful that we hadn't still tried to do the outdoor Haunted Forest.
The next day, I woke up with a migrane. No fun! I was only able to make it through one hour of church, because the lights were too bright for me. Later in the day, Kyle asked me what I was planning to do in the evening. I was excited that he wanted to see me again. He asked me if I wanted to go with him to his grandma's house. That made me only a little nervous...! He had only told his mom that he was bringing me, so everyone else couldn't help but stare from the shock. Haha! His mom had to take a picture with her phone to send to his sister-in-law. That one made me laugh. We had fun though. We played games with his cousin and helped with different projects that his grandma had for him to do. All in all, nothing major, and no real reason for nervousness.
So, that's about all for now. I just wanted to let those who were wondering know what is going on. I'm excited to see how things continue. I'll keep you posted!
The picture is from before he picked me up on Saturday. My friends made me all sorts of pretty for the date. Thanks guys!
4 comments:
Amber,
I am glad to hear that your date went so well! Never underestimate blind dates, after all that is how I meet my husband (not that I am making any predictions). :)
Sounds like you are having a good time and things are clicking. Sounds promising to me, but no matter how it turns out remember to ENJOY THE RIDE!
o glad that all went well!
I'm so glad that I set you up and that its all working out for you guys. You guys make me laugh wnjoy the ride ok.
Post a Comment