Last Saturday, Kyle and I went to the Hale Center Theater to see the play "Into the Woods." We got to go for free because I got vouchers from my work party last month. Kyle went and picked up the tickets and we got the last two seats next to each other. If you haven't ever been to the theater, the stage is in the center and the seats circle all the way around going down. There are three little balcony spots, up with the seating, where they do some of the staging as well. they were not using two of the three so they put a little railing there and two seat behind each one. So we were kind of out there on our own. The play is a medely of Cinderella, Rapunzel, Jack and the Beanstalk, and Little Red Riding Hood, and something about a baker, with a storyteller narrating throughout the play. Red was singing her song when the Wolf walk down the stairs past us. Then he came back up and perched right in front of me on the balcony. I couldn't see what was happening on the stage. I was confused since they said they were using that part of the stage. But that is not the best part! Later on in the play, the Storyteller came and stood right in front of us. The spotlight came on, right on us... we were akwardly frozen the whole time. Then, the Storyteller jumped down, and the stagehands forgot to turn off the spotlight for about a minute. That is still not the best part! After the play, Kyle got a text from a number he did not recognize asking if he was enjoying the play. He asked who it was and it was a girl from the department he used to work in. He asked how she knew he was at a play. She said a little birdy told her. He asked who. She said Cinderella's birds. He asked where she was sitting. He asked if she saw us in the spotlight. She said, "Yes! Who's the girl?!" So if that "best part" seems anti-climatic to you, combine it all together: random seating, spotlight, and someone Kyle hasn't talked to forever randomly being in the same show seeing us in the spotlight. A verse of "It's a Small World" is now running through my head. I always get embarrassed when he tells me that he was telling someone about me. He thinks I'm wonderful, and I think I've got him pretty fooled. I'm very happy to have him around, very happy. :) So I guess it's a good thing that I've somehow deceived him that I'm wonderful.
Other than that, life is good. I'm posting some random pictures that I've recently taken, just because I think they are cute. There is one of Abbie and I at her birthday party (we both look gorgeous in it.) And one of Holly and I with our dark hair. It's funny, Mom always says she wanted dark haired babies, but we all came out blonde. Now that we are wanting to be dark haired, she wants us to be blonde. Make up your mind! Haha! Well, I thought I would update you all. I hope you enjoyed it. I love you all!
1 comment:
I went and saw Lori in that play last year and it was so fun. Even more fun when you are with someone special (I had my hunny).
I am jelously missing all of you but especially Holly because haven't talked to her on the phone for weeks or heard how she is doing.
I need to stop talking about how I miss you all or I will get the pregnant weepies.
I love you
Summer
Post a Comment