Countdown to Eternity!

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Meet the Parents

Life has been fun and crazy as of late. Even the process of figuring out what all we need to do for the wedding is busy. I have certain pictures in my head, but have not been able to find anything to match those pictures. This is especially true for my bridesmaids dresses.
Then there is the process of finding a dress for me. I tried on such a variety of gowns. Last Friday, Mom and I went to Latter Day Bride. They had very beautiful dresses, and I actually had it narrowed down to two. They were very different from each other. One was beautiful and unique. The other was super gorgeous and glamorous! It was different than I would have ever imagined for me, but I loved it. We had decided that I would try one more shop and then would make the final decision from there. As I thought about those two, I became unsure. The unique one may be just a little too unique, and the other one was more formal that I intend for my wedding. Last night, we went to a shop in Bountiful called Bridal Image. Crystal helped me try them on, while Mom and Dad were at a viewing. When they arrived, yes even Dad came in, I showed them my top three from that night. I actually found my dress! Hooray! I'm so excited that I can finally check that off my list. You will just have to wait to see what it looks like. I can't give details because Kyle reads this, and he gets to have a complete surprise on June 5. :)
As for the "Meet the Parents" title.... On Saturday morning we went to the Draper Temple open house with Kyle's parents and sister Kelli. It was so fun to walk through with them and show them this beautiful temple. I have been looking forward to this since I was there in January. We were hoping we could go in to the sealing room that Kyle and I will be married and sealed in, so that Kelli could see it. We were not able to, but the rooms are similar, so at least she got to see how beautiful it is.
Since they were already in the neighborhood, we decided to set up a lunch so the McFalls could meet the Vernons. We met up at Training Table. It was fun to see our families interact with each other. Both of our moms are great conversationalists, so there were no awkward silences. Poor Angel had some stories told about her at the beginning. Haha. I was just glad it wasn't me. Kelli had Kennedy with her, so Kyle and I played with her the whole time, while our families talked. Kennedy was watching everyone eat, and was getting jealous because she wanted food too. While Tarolyn was holding her, Kennedy grabbed the lemon off her cup. Her face was so great as she kept licking the lemon. She enjoyed the peel better and kept it on that side. She was jealous about the fries, so Kyle dipped his finger in the fry sauce and let her taste some. She did not like that. At first she just drooled it all out. Then after a few seconds, she just spit the rest out. In words it is not nearly as funny as it really was. She is so precious! I am so excited that I get to be her aunt soon. As we were walking out to our cars, our moms kept walking and talking together. We were both excited about that. We have two of the coolest moms ever, so we were happy they got along so well. The time I have spent with the McFalls has been so great. They have welcomed me from the start, so I'm so happy that I get to be with them for always too.
Well, I'll keep you up to date on how it all goes! I'll get the pictures from our trip to the temple up as soon as I can get them loaded on the computer.

P.S. Congratulations to Kyle's brother Kerry and his wife Misty and their new little baby boy Garret! Hooray for baby boys!

3 comments:

Amy said...

I'm so glad you found the perfect dress - I can't wait to see pictures. Poor Kyle, I'm dying to see it, and I'm sure you're killing him with suspense. :)

Kennedy Christi Hawkins said...

Awwww.. such a sweet post, thank you!! We are beyond excited to have you in our family and I know Kennedy is beyond excited to have you as her new aunt!! She absolutely loves you and Kyle!! It was also great to be able to see where you and Kyle will be married. Thank you for sharing this with me.
P.S. I'm dying to see you dress!! I know you will look beyond beautiful in it.

harmonie said...

Glad you found the right dress. I'm also glad the families meeting went well. When my mom met my inlaws, my FIL had to leave the restaurant for the ER because he had an allergic reaction. My mom thought he was joking and just wanted to leave. :) Then my dad met them in the celestial room when I went through the temple. That was much better. :)
Let me know what you want to do with that book! (in all your spare time...)

Biography.com Born on This Day